Campus Engagement Intern
Pencils of Promise (PoP) is a non-profit organization that builds schools in the developing world and trains young leaders to take action at home and abroad. In just 2 years, PoP has built 26+ schools with a goal to complete 100 schools by the end of 2012. We are a group of passionate, young individuals who want to change the world and we’re looking for campus representatives to join our movement and raise awareness and funds to support our mission.
This is a remote unpaid internship position, though school credit may apply. The intern will work from their college campus.
- Engaging your campus in the PoP movement through spreading awareness and fundraising
- Recruiting other passionate students to join your group
- Managing group membership
- Starting a Facebook group and managing group communications
- Organizing group meetings monthly or bi-monthly as needed
- Hosting PoP events
- Fundraising to support the mission of Pencils of Promise
- We ask that you set a school goal to raise $5000 for the year. $5000 enables PoP to support one of our schools for 3 years
- Reporting bi-weekly to PoP Headquarters:
- Setting goals and deliverables
- Updating on progress against goals
- Contacting your student advisor to request approval for independent study/school credit, if applicable (may also qualify for community service hours)
We’re looking for energetic, creative individuals with a positive outlook and a passion for creating true and sustainable change in the world!
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of social media
- Interest in international development
- Strong commitment to the PoP mission
- One year commitment preferred
This is an unpaid internship. However, credit is available to those eligible. Please send resume and cover letter to Jocelyn Kmet at Jocelyn@pencilsofpromise.org